Moving to www.karthiteach.com

Thursday, March 19, 2015

It's My Story With Accenture

It was a big day for me on March 4th, 2015. I had quit a company which was an important part of my life. It all started in 2010 when I was taken into Accenture through off campus, which was a grim period with the climate of recession gripping all parts of the country. I couldn't forget the day when I was offered a job, in a multinational company. It was Feb 6, 2010. I walked with pride since I was one among the 130 candidates selected that day in the all-India level drive conducted at Kumaraguru College, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. The offer was even more significant since it came in the midst of recession, when students were running from corner to corner for a job. It was a dream come true. I dialled my relatives, friends and loved ones to tell the news and was excited to tell the story of my interviews repeatedly to my friends, no matter how many times I was asked for. I told myself that my career is settled and put in the right direction and from then I didn't worry about it anymore. Days of worries vanished. Right from my childhood, I loved computers and I always dreamt of spending the whole of my life working with computers. I took a deep breath with a smile, as I travelled back to my home in bus, telling myself, looking outside the window, 'I did it'.

I waited for the joining date and it was intimated after a month or so as April 14, 2010. I was so excited. I started surfing internet about Accenture and I felt some happiness inside me on seeing Accenture logo. I don't know, I was a college student and getting into an MNC was a dream in those days. Finally I met the D-day too. I was put under Java training (being lucky enough to get what I loved) and I came out as a topper of the batch, scoring more than 90% in practicals. I felt that I was one step above all my peers and that gave me confidence and made me feel good.

After completing 2 months of training, I joined a project in Sholinganallur office. And I worked there for an year and a half, followed by another one for around 3+ years. The most important transformation within me was from a theoretical college student to a practical professional. It might not be uncommon but still it was very true in my case. It was my first MNC and this experience in Accenture would definitely influence my perception of IT industry and it did. I learned to manage people, to be harsher for the harsh, to be softer for the soft hearted, to make better decisions and to solve problems quickly. I understood that a person, who makes mistakes at the earliest and takes better decisions to solve problems quickly out of his experience, as he moves up the career ladder, will excel. He will be unstoppable. I think this is the secret of success.

I always wanted to tell my juniors that, anything done for the first time is always tough. But, if you do it for the second time, you will get to know it very well and third time will be a cake walk. So, it is always better to confidently jump into the water and test it, rather than sitting outside frightened by the experiences of failed candidates. These lessons are already said by all our good old philosophers but a typical human being realises it after getting himself hurt. This is similar to mathematics. When you read the theory it would seem confusing but if you workout a couple of problems, then you get it.

Loads of lessons! :) Finally, March 4th, 2015. My heart was not heavy preparing the last day mail. I know, I have to run... I cannot stagnate.. I have to keep moving ... Still a long way... I don't know the distance of my journey.. But, I have to run... miles .. and .... miles... and miles..... !!!

Post a Comment